[tech] Re: [wheel] Re: [ucc] Mussel

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Feb 25 15:50:55 WST 2001

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 11:41:50PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 11:37:37PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> > BTW. Nice to see latex2html and netpbm installed.
>                                   ^^^^^^
> Hmmm..odd..seems to be incomplete.
> I wonder if that's a Debian decision.

Ah... The problem seems to be version.

netpbm languished for many years but was recently picked up by someone,
moved to sourceforge and some new work done. ppmtompeg, for example,
which is the tool James wants.

Unfortunately, the new versions haven't gone into Debian yet ;
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=61908&repeatmerged=yes

The maintainer Steve McIntyre <stevem at chiark.greenend.org.uk> is "about
done", as of February 5th 2001, but I still don't see anything in
unstable uploads... ::-( Mail him.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal