[tech] Re: [wheel] Mussel...

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 28 23:50:36 WST 2001

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 02:18:44PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
[...]
> The fstab entries all used the auto and intr options - auto is
> redundant, intr may be suitable for /home, but things like
> ftp.uwa.edu.au should use soft. Given the problems, I've made it all
> soft, and added an explicit nfsvers=2 for now.
[...]

I think the nfsvers is the most likely thing to have made a difference -
seeing as mussel's been up for some time, I might put hard,intr mounts
back on /home.

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 03:50:17PM +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> Well, it's either NIS, DNS or some other RPC service :-) I'd blame
> Linux's NFS v3 implementation, which probably sucks.

A volunteer! Tag, you're it. What, you say you've only written one NFS
implementation before? that's enough. ::-)

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal