[tech] Acquisition of the UCC's SGI O2

Dreisiger, Peter Peter.Dreisiger at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Jun 13 16:20:11 WST 2001

Hello there,

I'm writing about the O2 that the UCC has in store out at Shenton
Park... Last year I talked to Mark Tearle (and one other member of
the committee) about the O2, and whether it would be possible for
me to acquire it.

Currently, I have a (working) SGI Crimson with a 150MHz R4400 CPU,
112MB of RAM and about 2.4GB of internal disks, but as I've recently
moved into a smaller house, the Crimson (same case size as an Onyx)
is now a bit too unwieldy for my liking. If I remember correctly,
the UCC's O2 has 64MB of RAM but doesn't power up at all.

So, what I was wondering was if the UCC would be willing to do a
trade. I'd even be happy to drop the Crimson off at Cameron Hall
myself (and yes, it would be for my own personal use).

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Dreisiger
Maritime Operations Division
Defence Science & Technology Organisation
Building A51, HMAS Stirling
Rockingham, WA 6958
AUSTRALIA
ph:  +61 (08) 9553 3617