[tech] Re: several messages

David Emrich dav at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jun 15 15:40:03 WST 2001

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 02:33:53PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> > Personally, my choice of hardware model is AVR's on a SimmStick
> > motherboard - SimmSticks are a fairly open-hardware project
> > (www.simmstick.com). You put a few 30-pin SIMM sockets on a motherboard
> > made of 'veroboard', and then just plug in modules. There are oodles of
> > free PCB designs as well as pre-etched boards for relay drivers and
> > other interface boards (including USB and video), as well as an
> > assortment of CPU boards for AVR, HC11, and 8051.
>
> Hrm, nifty! and a local dealer in .nl too!

And Dontronics Mail-orders to .nl :-)

> I won't. But I'm more than willing to crank out assembler code if I'm

Assembler code? please... AVR-gcc goodness... even I managed to get it
installed and ruynning in a night, with very little knowledge of makefile
badness etc etc.

Even for something as "simple" as this, ... why labour with the potential
bugs of assmebly, fight the REAL, extant bugs in C :-)

David.