[tech] dual p90 mobo

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu May 10 22:34:01 WST 2001

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 10:50:18AM +0800, Michael Deegan wrote:
[...]
> BTW what are the specs of the current mooneye? I'm not in wheel so I haven't
> had the opportunity to log onto it to find out. :P

32MB Cyrix 5x86 at 100? MHz It was a P100...

> Note that without an EISA or PCI multi-I/O card the machine will have to
> make do with an ISA job (blech). Hopefully one of the many ISA caching
> controllers floating around can be persuaded to work.

Ah... That'd be OK, but it deserves a bit more RAM...

> Although the machine works fine single-CPU, with both CPUs installed it
> suffers from random hanging. I'm hoping this is due to one (or perhaps even
> both) CPUs being non-SMP compliant. There is a motherboard manual on the

Sounds right.

> desktop of Nautilus. For dual-CPU operation, the manual says that the second
> CPU must be a 'P54CM', only Google couldn't find a reference to P54CM on
> Intel's site. Hmm. Currently, the 2 P90's are a SZ951 (stepping 2/B3) and a
> SZ978 (stepping 4/B5). The board can also support dual-P100s.

I've got a P100, stepping SZ996/SSS - anyone got anything to match it?

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal