[tech] A project idea...

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Tue Apr 2 22:09:48 WST 2002

>I believe the mac you want to install on is an LC630. YDL doesn't claim to
>install on anything before PowerPCs.
>
>Like I said, I don't know

	Its not hard. THe number is on the front. The LC630s and the
first model G3 do look similar, but are not that much alike on the
inside.
	If its an LC630, for all the reasons people have described,
Linux would be a bad idea.

>Besides, I'm one of these people that's sick and bloody tired of the
>'install linux on everything'. Let's face it. Linux on PPC looks very
>much like Linux on x86. What's the fucking point?
>
>This is a very good question actually, but i think It would be
>something different.
>I would gladly port NetBSD to it, if I thought it were possible.

	NetBSD already supports the LC630, I think. It certainly runs
on 68k machines.

	Cheers
		David