[tech] A question of File System

Riff proxy at zdlcomputing.com
Sun Apr 21 02:16:18 WST 2002

Now I stress here that I DON'T WANT TO START A 'my fs is better then
yours cause I said so' FLAME WAR.

but...
The question I have now been asking myself, while having the occasionaly
random argument with others; is which file system is better: ext3 or
ReiserFS
Which do you think has more extensibility?, more usefulness?, more
ability to recover from unclean mounts?, which has a higher overhead?
and most importantly, which one is more |337?

Of course, feel free to suggest a better filesystem still (noone may
suggest NTFS or FAT*)

--davYd (what a phenomenon, davYd made a somewhat non-spammy post)
Madeley