[tech] A question of File System

David Luyer david at luyer.net
Mon Apr 22 17:40:25 WST 2002

> Recently to support our webmail (which for some reason
> couldn't handle TxT even with IMAP) I converted all the TxT boxes back
> to mbox format (sucky, I know.) We're now pondering Maildirs
> but aren't totally convinced.

Try using UW IMAP with mbx rather than TxT.  I use that now
for my personal system with very good performance and full
features -- doesn't have that "internal folder data" message,
either, that only shows up on the less featureful mailbox
formats.

TxT has some deficiencies, eg, non-sticky unique identifiers.

root at typhaon:~# cat /etc/c-client.cf
I accept the risk for IMAP toolkit 4.1.
set new-folder-format mbx
set empty-folder-format mbx
set black-box-directory /home/mail-root

(that's typhaon.pacific not typhaon.ucs :-))

David.