[tech] Various stuff

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Aug 4 22:28:42 WST 2002

Stuff I've done recently: installed Mac OS X on nautilus, it now boots
that, Mac OS 9.2 and Mac OS 9.0 - Mac OS X does NIS, and users can log in
successfully. fink is also installed, but I haven't done much with it
yet. It has the secure root password, but does not mount /home.

I've installed Solaris 8 x86 on meito (the fileserver), but haven't
finished setting it up yet. Once I do, I'll move it into the machine room
(which will involve taking mojarra down, so I can free up a 100Mbit port
for meito).

krycek (the really small xterm) is now set up in the space between
nautilus and skinner (created by today's cleanup), connected to poobrown's
monitor. Currently it's pointing at morwong, for variety and because I
couldn't be bothered changing the config file.

Other machine status reports: all fine, except for azure, which doesn't
boot. Possibly a dead power supply?

# UCC Treasurer        http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |