[tech] flying and pptp

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed Aug 7 16:55:10 WST 2002

Tech,

trs80 and I have been tinkering with flying in an attempt to
persuade it to accept GRE connections and tunneling, so people (me)
can use SNAP over flying. Thus far, we have been unsuccessful. In
the meantime, flying has a new 2.4.17 kernel, with a patch for
ip_nat_pptp from
http://www.impsec.org/linux/masquerade/ip_masq_vpn.html

As a side-effect, it is now using the orinoco_cs drivers instead of
the previous wvlan_cs from the original 2.4.2-2 kernel. Lines were
added to the end of /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and /etc/modules.conf to
recognise it.

Another side-effect is that iwconfig now segfaults (after showing
output) which is probably resolvable by a new version of
wireless-tools.

In the process of rebooting, it was also discovered that flying's
video card isn't functioning. No big deal, but just to note.

Is still work in progress...

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham