[tech] Re: several messages

Mark Tearle mtearle at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Dec 12 16:24:52 WST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, David Cake wrote:

> Subject: [committee] Re: [tech] Cameron Hall closed in January?
>
> 	Otherwise, power outages that effect the UCC will also likely
> effect the Guild server, so I will likely have to go in there anyway
> (and while I don't have keys to the building, they are more likely to
> let me in), and will happily liase with UCC if other things need
> poking.
> 	Cheers
> 		David

Hi all

I just spoke to Gerald Stack, the person co-ordinating the work
over that period.

Name:        Gerald Stack (Mr)
Department:  Operations and Maintenance
Position:    Manager
Phone:       9380 2047
             0410 699 174
E-mail:      gstack at admin.uwa.edu.au
Fax:         9380 1038

Briefly; from our phone conversation:

o Work starts 6th Jan when Uni gets back from Xmas Holidays
o Scaffolding will be erected around 3 sides of the building
o Cherry Picker will be in use for exterior painting
o Nothing is planned to be happening inside the building at this stage
o The work shouldn't affect access to the building except when the
  Cherry Picker is operating
o The roof is being replaced (yay!)
o The windows are being fixed
o The gutters are being fixed

My suspicion is the usual Chinese whispers from the Guild and the high
quality Thim Lee crackpipe that happens when dealing with OFM.

I'd recommend the Clubs, Thim and OFM get together and run through the
details ...

Yours
Mark
--