[tech] Probable equipment free for UCC

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Nov 14 20:37:45 WST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 05:08:53PM +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
[Is UCC interested in a funky, although slightly dodgy switch-router?]

Need you ask? Yeah, sounds great. Well, assuming _some_ of the ports
work. ::-)

> However, I suspect it's still fine to put into the UCC network. Most of the
> ports work and it is a reasonably fast switch-router. It'd definitely make a
> neat replacement for hydra: the IP routing could be done on the accelar and
> the Appletalk done on hydra via a VLAN trunk.
[...]

It'd probably be a good idea to connect up hydra in parallel, at least
as an experiment - we could do with a backup router.

Nick.

--
     Nick Bannon      | "I made this letter longer than usual because
  nick-sig at rcpt.to    | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal