[tech] 7500 works... more

Grahame Bowland (UCC) grahame at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 18 22:05:31 WST 2002

Hi all

I've upgraded the bootflash on the 7500 to rsp-boot-mz.120-13a.bin. This
is good. This is sane. The bootloader can now talk to the ATA flash card
disk0. This is also good. It also sees the interfaces ok. This is good.

The problem: the damn thing doesn't load its config on reload. It then drops
into 12.0-13a boot and the initial config prompt. Typing 'no' and then
'copy nvram:startup-config running-config' gets it running again. Go
figure.

As a result it doesn't boot the nice shiny new IOS on disk0:. Anyone
run into this? Anyone know the solution?

I can't see why it wouldn't use the config on nvram? It's bizarre.
I have the right boot bootldr line in there and everything. I even
tried copying startup-config to bootflash: and putting boot config
bootflash:startup-config into it.

The problem is definitely not the flash card, dir disk0: works fine
from the bootloader, I did a format on it and copied the image over
afresh.

Cheers
Grahame