[tech] 7500 works... more

Adrian Chadd adrian at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Nov 19 07:31:17 WST 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002, Grahame Bowland wrote:

> > We officially have an incredibly useful router. I'll set up authentication
> > nicely now and let people know how to access it in person.

Yay!

> Ok guys, it works happily. It's at extra-virgin.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au: I gave
> some people {mtearle,trs80,matt,grahame} access, the rest of you add
> yourselves to /etc/raddb/users on hydra.
>
> It's doing radius, the enable password is the same as bertoli and it's all
> good. That flash card can live there for a bit, as I want to try some things
> on there rather than on the campus 7500.

:)

> That said, there is no reason this can't be stable. Adrian - how long can
> we reasonably expect to have this?

Well, it depends if someone wants to buy it off me.

> Anyway, it's trivial to make this thing route UCC -- so very very trivial.
> And we can always just turn hydra back on if adrian wants the 7500 back.

:)

Don't treat it as a permanent fixture just yet. Once I've cleared up my
credit card debt (which includes this router) I'll be in a better position
to say what will happen with it.

That said, feel free to muck about with it now. Again, pair it with
the 2948G for some ISL loving and play with real network segmentation. :)

Adrian