[tech] Re: [ucc] Committee Minutes 2003-08-12

Grahame Bowland grahame at angrygoats.net
Tue Aug 12 23:20:23 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 16:46, Nick Bannon wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 04:21:27PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > Sure thing. Grab me about it after work, I have a crisco speakething
> > the Beegeepee.
>
> There's another option:
> 1. Tunnel 172.26.42.0/24 into WAIX
> 2. Use WAIX BGP data to unfirewall 130.95.13.0/24 <-> WAIX on hydra or
>    its replacement.
>
> Which do you think is the better option? Can option 2 go horribly wrong
> and cost us transit traffic, or even if it can, can we automagically
> notice that and shut it down?

1. Was my original idea, IPIP tunnel to something in WAIX and get them
to advertise it for us. It's not the best, but it would work

2. I don't know if putting a HUGE access list onto hydra is a good idea,
at least not until we get a replacement. Then again, someone might as
well right the code. I can get you a feed of what WAIX is from the the
UWA perspective easily enough, say with two days notice.

Two would be cute to implement and a lot more flexible, but also a lot
more work.