[tech] WAIX connectivity

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Fri Aug 22 09:22:17 WST 2003

>  They were
>down for a day or three when the core router was changed one night,
>and a guild tech accidentally dropped UCC's uplink the next night.

	Huh what?
	We did have a switch that wedged itself one night, yes.
	But I don't think the Guild has ever had anyone involved in
the networking side who hasn't been an UCC member at some point, and
certainly we've tried pretty hard to preserve UCCs connectivity and
its fared no differently to anyone else. And spent a lot of time
consulting with UCC over connectivity options, choice of equipment,
etc.
	I rather resent the implication that mysterious guild techs
screw the UCC around.
	Cheers
		David