[tech] WAIX connectivity

Davyd davyd at zdlcomputing.com
Fri Aug 22 09:36:53 WST 2003

Apologising on behalf of Bernard (who actually just posted):

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 09:22, David Cake wrote:

> 	I rather resent the implication that mysterious guild techs
> screw the UCC around.

David,

He wasn't implying it was your fault. Noone has had anything but praise
for the virtual flawlessness with which the network upgrade has been
carried out. My personal congratulations on avoiding any major disasters
knocking us off the air for a week.

The loss in connectivity was actually blamed on UCC hardware, rather
then it being a fault of the guild. When we then discovered it was that
a switch had simply crashed, we were actually impressed with the
responsiveness that it was got back on the air.

Personally, I think the Guild techs do really well by us. I don't think
it's ever been suggested that they screw us around. There's only the
occasional joke about someone tripping over "The Big Blue Cable".

Once again, I hope you understand Bernard intended no offense, and I
feel he too would in fact congratulate you, as I have, on the fantastic
job you and the other technicians involved did on upgrading the network.

Regards
--Davyd Madeley
Committee, 2003

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA