[tech] mermaid and spong

Paul Marinceu elixxir at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jul 20 16:49:59 WST 2003

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Bernard Blackham wrote:

> really want spong, we should consider moving it to another machine
> (it's pretty cpu intensive for mermaid). So do we want spong?

I use it from time to time to check machine status/ services and stuff...
Moving it should be ok although one crash once in a while shouldn't mean
it's dodgy sw.

Yeah, I agree it's not the fastest around but doesn't it need to run on
the web server machine? Not sure here. If mojarra's not too important,
put it on there...from memory it only does some waix stuff right?

Anyone object?

--
 Paul Marinceu
 http://elixxir.ucc.asn.au