[tech] mermaid and spong

Paul Marinceu elixxir at ucc.asn.au
Sun Jul 20 18:56:08 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 17:17, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 04:49:59PM +0800, Paul Marinceu wrote:
> Even under normal load - it uses up about 30% CPU on mermaid on a
> good day (which I guess isn't *too* bad).
Hmm, 30% you say...well trash it then. It's not that important and it
certainly doesn't deserve that much cpu.

> It can run on any machine with a webserver - so it could be mussel
> (though mussel is generally used as the playground for a lot of
> things so probably most prone to breaking).
No. Not mussel.

Well, I've had a look around and couldn't find something that matches
spong. Does anyone know of one? Spong's author says he'll clean up the
code and speed it up...though the last post he made on his site is from
18/6/2002.

--
 Paul Marinceu
 http://elixxir.ucc.asn.au