[tech] Partition Problem

Aaron Alderman undertow at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jun 6 07:49:25 WST 2003

After deleting my linux partitions (ie main partition, swap space and not
used boot partiion) I used PartiionMagic 8.0 to combine them back into the
main large NTFS partiion. The swap space and linux boot partition did not
recombine properly and hence an error was produce.
I am now unable to boot my computer from anything on my hard drive, and
PartitionMagic is unable to fix the error that it created!
Basically the whole partition is unable to be accessed, and hence I am not
able to re-install windows or anything else onto that space. The only
partition which isnt damaged is too far away to be bootable.
As a result I fear that I may have to format my hard drive, losing gigs
and gigs of data that just isnt feasable to backup.
Has anyone gotten out of this type of situaton or can tell me what i can
do? (hopefully not format)

Thank You,
Aaron Alderman