[tech] SpamAssassin

Alastair Irvine alastair at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jun 15 12:48:57 WST 2003

I have the following lines in my .spamassassin/user_prefs file, yet
SpamAssassin's threshold for marking a message as spam remains at 5.  Any
ideas why?  (mooneye is running version 2.43)

  # How many hits before a mail is considered spam.
  required_hits		2.6

I was filtering on the number of hits myself (using ~/.procmailrc), but I
can't make use of the Whitelist feature if I do that.  E.g. the following
line should ensure that messages from the address below are marked "No" in
the X-Spam-Status line, even if the number of hits is greater than the
threshold.

  whitelist_from        someone at somewhere.com

--
... "As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to Hell"
                           -- _Survival_Guide_for_the_Supernatural_