[tech] AP mode wireless on flying

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Mon Mar 10 21:21:35 WST 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 11:27:51AM +0800, Matt Johnston wrote:
> I've installed the HermesAP patches+firmware (see hunz.org) on flying, thus
> allowing it to act in proper BSS master (AP) mode. This should be more stable

Just some reports of how it seems to have acted so far today:

 - Davyd's internal Toshiba-wacky-wireless worked perfectly.
   (what's the chipset Davyd?)

 - My Orinoco (firmware 6.06) only associates occasionally -
   generally after switching into monitor mode and back out again.
   On top of that, it will DHCP successfully in monitor mode _only_
   (but then normal packets don't work, but that's expected).

 - Banana's Airport in his iBook also wouldn't DHCP, but worked
   flawlessly after forcing a static IP.

I haven't had a chance to investigate the wackiness with DHCP yet.
All in all, looks very promising! :) Thanks Matt!
Anybody else tried it out?

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham