[tech] /home on morowng

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Nov 11 11:11:10 WST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Nick Bannon wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 11:07:33PM +0800, James Andrewartha wrote:
> > Ok, /home on morwong is now 18gig, composed of two 9gig volumes, each of
> > which is a RAID 1 LSM volume across two 9gig disks. It seems reasonably
> > happy, except that one of the plexes (homemirror00-02 on home03 on dsk10)
> > had an IOFAIL. I went to reattach the plex, but it seems that LSM
> > automagically decided to reattach it itself (it hasn't completed yet, and
> > I can't find out how to monitor the status - it's not showing in volprint
> > -l homemirror00-02).

Well, the disk failed again, so I ripped it out and swapped it with one
from UCS (which is where the failed disk came from) and it's happy now.

> We never got any SCA SBBs, did we?

No, we didn't.

> How's the licensing? Has it all come from UCS? Where are they stored?
> How's piggery and centuri ? "lmf list" looks interesting...

We didn't get a response from UCS about licensing LSM, so I just set the
date back two years briefly to launch the software. piggery now has a
working license, and centuri should be fine too.

# UCC President        http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |