[tech] whats happened
bernard at blackham.com.au
Fri Nov 21 01:23:21 WST 2003
- removed a bunch of system gids from NIS, as they were clashing
and contained no actual users. pre-change version is in
/var/yp/src/group.presystemripout. I don't *think* this should
break anything, but if it does, just put the offending ones back.
- dispense is happy again. Took some hacking to get it to work
properly, but it'll get a rewrite these holidays. I promise :)
- door should open too. hasn't been tested though.
- IMAP server is now dovecot. It's more secure, faster, and doesn't
let people crawl all over mooneye's filesystem
- firewalls on all the reinstalled machines are in
/etc/init.d/ucc-fw . They're pretty tight, so if something
network related isn't working, it's most probably this.
They are activated from /etc/rcS.d/S41ucc-fw, and also when
bringing up the world-accessible aliases (ssh, telnet,
flame-tunnel), to make sure the NAT stuff works.
Methinks that's all for now.
bernard at blackham dot com dot au
More information about the tech