[tech] whats happened

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sat Nov 22 14:48:59 WST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 01:23:21AM +0800, Bernard Blackham wrote:
>  - removed a bunch of system gids from NIS, as they were clashing
>    and contained no actual users. pre-change version is in
>    /var/yp/src/group.presystemripout. I don't *think* this should
>    break anything, but if it does, just put the offending ones back.

Oh yeah, the other thing:

 - killed morwong's yppasswd and replaced it from one compiled out
   of debian sources, and hacked the nis init script to match.

   This unfortunately got rid of the long pause after changing
   passwords and the infamous "Your password may or may not have
   been changed" message.

--
 Bernard Blackham
 bernard at blackham dot com dot au