[tech] Airport Express

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed Aug 18 17:53:26 WST 2004

Coxy setup the Airport Express this morning. It's sitting at
screamjet.open.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au, and its ESSID is currently ugg.

I created a new VLAN (6) for the .11g network on olive, trunked
through to bertoli, which has the ethernet port for the AP. The AP
is bridging, sitting at IP 172.26.42.194.  Madako is at
172.26.42.193, doing DHCP for 172.26.42.192/27, and NAT'ing non-UWA
traffic to flying's WAIX IP address (it works, but this really
should change though for the sake of sanity :)

There isn't yet any firewalling there. I'd like to be able to put
both the 11b and 11g networks on the same VLAN, but this might
require more magic from flying than is possible (last I heard,
ethernet bridging with Orinoco's didn't work for various technical
reasons, though the hostAP stuff could've changed that).

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>