[tech] Content Management for UCC

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 21 23:07:32 WST 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Davyd Madeley wrote:

> This gets discussed every now and again, but perhaps we should do
> something about it.

Yeah! I had an impact! (I got an e-mail message written.) <insert stupid
joke about getting disimpacted here />

I have no preference for the various packages available, mainly because I
don't know enough about them. MySource is pretty :-)

> Dynamic content is not mermaid's forte, so at the same time perhaps we
> should consider moving content off mermaid. Either handing it to mussel,
> martello or maybe that new Sun mainframe (Disk + CPU == Database Server)

Would this be a move for everyone's homepages as well? (My blog software
sucks under mermaid, mainly because it's in PERL and fairly badly written,
but I like it.) Perhaps this could be the second phase.

> Ideally a move like this would want to happen in the near future, so
> that we could start porting new content into the engine. Ready for next
> year. What do people think?

Well, you already know my views. :-)

Cheers,

David Adam