[tech] Content Management for UCC

Davyd Madeley davyd at madeley.id.au
Wed Dec 22 01:08:58 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 00:58 +0800, James Andrewartha wrote:

> martello of course. And yes, mermaid shall continue to exist, simply
> because you do not deprecate working machines simply because they are too
> slow.

I would have been tempted to choose mussel instead, because it's not the
fileserver. *shrug*

I disagree with this policy of having machines on for the sake of having
them on. With martello coming online and taking over fileservices; meito
and morwong become pointless. meito is a crap PC and we will soon have
lots of shiny new things running newer Solaris on actual Sparcs that
people will be able to log into. morwong is cool, so can be put to other
uses (Angband server?)

mermaid will have it's services replaced by mussel or martello. Since
it's a slow random Linux PC (of which some 4 million exist) with
currently two users logged in, I really don't see why we would want it
running.

If mermaid and meito were switched off, we could move mooneye into the
tall rack nearest the aircon and have all of our useful machines in one
rack case.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley              http://www.davyd.id.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://www.davyd.id.au/pgp/>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA