[tech] apache on mussel

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed Jan 7 09:08:26 WST 2004

There were two www-data groups - 33 (from the apache install) and
101 (from NIS). They were stomping on each other and causing
permission errors with webmail on mussel. Everything seems to have
101 as their gid, so I changed the 33 www-data to wwwold-data and
all seems happy so far. Any problems will probably just require
chown/chgrp'ing to www-data.

Mermaid still has two called www-data too, but as I haven't found a
problem yet, I'm reluctant to change anything...

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>