[tech] problem with SSH logins from minerva

Alastair Irvine alastair at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Jan 17 20:24:48 WST 2004

Hello, all.  After I reconnected a few network cables (including the
uplink) to the SynOptics hub in the corridor, I discovered that I couldn't
SSH to morwong or mussel from minerva.  I was using NiftyTelnet 1.1 SSH r3
(which I use fine from home, with an SSH-1 RSA private key).  I tried DES,
3-DES and Blowfish; could it be that the SSH servers were silently
disallowing passowrd-based authentication?

PS -- munchwabbit does not appear to be doing key-based X authentication

--
... "What are you wearing?" -- Christ Sol  "A headset." -- tech support droid
    [Christ Sol blasts phone with air horn]