[tech] martello and /home

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 12 00:20:07 WST 2005

martello suffered another drive failure tonight. At first it appeared all
four drives had died, but actually only one did (sde, which first failed
on Sunday). We moved the three good drives to the onboard sil3114
controller, as the sx8 driver seems to lose it when one drive goes. The
two failed drives are still on the sx8, with the original one to fail a
few weeks ago currently badblocksing, and the one that failed tonight
being readded to the array. If the first drive passes badblocks, it'll be
readded as a hot spare.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |