[tech] request for a vampire tap and sample thicknet cable

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 16 12:09:41 WST 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 11:22:05AM +0800, W.Kenworthy wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to locate a short length of thicknet (< 1M, only need a
> connector on one end), a vampire tap and an aiu cable.  I want to use it
> in a lecture on Friday to show students how lucky they are to be dealing
> with cat5/6 and not dragging this stuff through walls/ceilings!  It
> would be great if it could be "donated".
>
> I am willing to travel in the metro area to pick it up.
>
> Please contact me off list at billk at iinet_REMOVE_THIS_.net.au
>
> BillK

We've still got a vampire tap on a short length of cable in the UCC
clubroom, UWA, right? plus a box of AUI cables.

It would be nice to have a working, terminated segment of Real 10Base5
Ethernet (tm), perhaps we can combine resources to make one.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal