[tech] mussel problem

Alastair Irvine alastair at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 3 23:21:58 WST 2005

On Mon, 03 January, 2005 at 11:00:46PM +0800, Matt Johnston wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 10:52:57PM +0800, Alastair Irvine wrote:
> > It appears that mussel is unable to mount home directories.  Its host key
> > has also changed
> > (xinos-fytok-kusas-govig-zukal-vyhol-lokak-roruh-zahus-holor-gixix).
>
> Urm.  Everything looks normal to me. Can't comment on the
> fingerprint, mine has hexadecimal and colons and stuff in
> it.

It appears that morwong's OSF1 5.1B upgrade has updated the ssh2 client.
/usr/ucb/ssh, /bin/ssh and /usr/bin/ssh are now all "SSH Secure Shell
Tru64 UNIX (V1.1) 2.4.1" .

This client apparently looks for stuff in the ~/.ssh2 directory instead of
~/.ssh .  This includes the private key file, which must now be called
"identification".  Keys of type "Proc-Type: 4,ENCRYPTED" do not appear to
be supported.

/usr/local/bin/ssh is OpenSSH v3.5; it works the same as before.

The fingerprint format should have been a dead giveaway (to everyone
including myself) that the client was the source of the problem.

--
... I wouldn't take a bet against the existence of time machines.  My
    opponent might have seen the future and know the answer. -- Stephen Hawking