[tech] SPAM filter problems

Andrew Williams andrew at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 5 13:16:19 WST 2005

Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 12:23:19 PM, David wrote:

> So it *does* exist. No-one (and I've tried UCS a few times a while back)
> would tell me how I could report things as non-spam, and they certainly
> weren't making it easy to find. (Yes, I'm aware there is a ~single link~
> to the anti-spam system on the UCS pages.)

The campus-wide system is dealing with millions of email messages
going to thousands of people - exactly how many staff do you think
there are to spend all day tweaking rules to make sure everyone's
filtering is perfect?

Do what everyone else does - read through your junkmail occasionally,
and write your own filters to catch misidentified email...

Andrew