[tech] morwong NFS speed problem

Adrian Chadd adrian at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 13 09:59:45 WST 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> Quoting Adrian Chadd <adrian at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>:
>
> >On Wed, Jul 13, 2005, Davyd Madeley wrote:
>
> >In case noone actually knows, I've asked Deborah here to clarify.
> >Did UCC get their Tru64 licence officially at all? Did it come
> >from UCS?
>
> We pay UCS for Tru64 licensing, as part of their license thingy with HP. I
> did
> also organise free lifetime Tru64 licensing with HP, but got distracted and
> never finished it when old Morwong died.

Apparently the licencing for the OS is based on the hardware licence
you're meant to have with your alpha. Other applications (volume manager?)
may require multi-CPU licences.

Deborah did some poking about. I suggest UCC email UCS officially for
clarification, if only to have the response on record.

Adrian