[tech] [ucc] Committee Meeting Minutes

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 11 22:34:18 WST 2006

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Davyd Madeley wrote:

> Machines:
> - we have [most of] them
> - maroon was nicked, but not by Nick

Since maroon was a netboot machine, I grabbed a random Acer uridium (aka
euro-au aka Alstair from MINCS) dropped off a while ago and stuck an intel
card in it. maroon's old kernel didn't want to be PXE booted, so I
compiled up 2.6.15.4 on madako and copied the thinterms' PXE config.

It's now fully armed and operational, with the exception of David B's
waitAudio.pl script which isn't blocking on opening /dev/dsp. This is
probably some alsa oss emulation bug or something.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |