[tech] Scheduled downtime (was: [ucc] Committee Meeting Minutes)

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Apr 12 12:01:19 WST 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Matt Johnston wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 10:32:57AM +0800, David Adam wrote:
>> Does anyone have any other suggestions for hardware or major software
>> maintenance?
>
> Perhaps take the flakey disk (sdd iirc) out of martello and
> test run some drive-vendor software over it in fennetar?
> Also move our uplink away from the Alloy (if that hasn't
> already happened).

Moving the uplink is a 30-second job - 2 seconds to move the cable, since
the port is still configured on olive, and 28 seconds for spanning-tree.

While martello is down we can expand /home beyond the ext2online 48GB barrier.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |