[tech] marblefish

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Feb 26 20:07:39 WST 2006

marblefish is up, running with raid 1 over two 9gb scsi and one 80gb ide,
with 70gb of the ide available as scratch space (although only at 4mb/s
because the ide interface is shit). Bootloaders and kernels are in the
first and second partitions of all disks, and I've tested booting from the
ide disk as well as the scsi.

It's currently running 2.6.15, however SMP in recent 2.6 on alpha is
broken, so it's using a non-SMP kernel. There is currently a thread on
debian-alpha on getting this fixed, so hopefully we'll be able to send it
over to ProgSoc fairly soon.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |