[tech] marblefish

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Feb 26 22:20:26 WST 2006

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, David Adam wrote:

> Do we want the benefits of further SPAM filtering on Asclepius? More to
> the point, will our charming comrades in UCS (hi Adrian) get irritated if
> we don't go through the central spam filter?

We thought about this, but adding asclepius to the mix, whether by domain
rewriting or whatever just made the setup too fragile. As for UCS, what
they don't know won't harm them, and outgoing mail will still go through
asclepius.

> If not, I strongly suggest we don't let [JCF] set up another of his
> crackrock SSH-based VPNs (you're killing kittens, James), but perhaps some
> sort of encrypted link is a good idea. Otherwise we can do it the easy way
> by NATing (say) port 10025 to mooneye:25.

I was thinking IPSec or OpenVPN, I'm not sure whether terminating on
madako or mooneye is the best plan (probably mooneye).

> Are we going to be running these separate IPs as Xen domains, or just as
> aliases?

Xen is x86 only, so aliases.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |