[tech] Mussel's console

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Sep 24 19:23:27 WST 2006

Hi all,

Some of you might have noticed that mussel has been rebooted a couple of
times in the last week.

Linux appears to have graduated to the domain of the Real UNIXes in that
it works perfectly on the network, but deadlocks when you try to use the
keyboard console for more than a few minutes.

Wheel members should be aware that unless you want to hang the machine,
stay the hell away from mussel on the KVM.

Apologies to all those who had processes running - I know I lost a stack
of rather useful shell history. I'll try not to do it again.

Cheers,

David Adam
UCC Wheel Member
zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au