[tech] Post-cleanup notes

Alex Dawson alex.dawson at uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 6 09:52:14 WST 2007

One of the LCD's is now working fine and on the machine right by the
window (velvet?), while the other one now powers on, and an image can
be seen on it, but doesn't have a backlight. The second one needed a
few more caps replaced, but I don't think they were in the inverter
part of the board. The replaced caps are blue, vs the original brown
ones.

Might be worth swapping the boards to see if it's the backlight or
just the inverter part of the board. If it's the inverter and no-one
feels like doing more work, we could split the LCD with the scratch
on it, and swap bits around to make another working one. The
scratched one is Acer (Benq OEM) and the bad backlight one is
DiamondView (also Benq OEM)

--
Alex Dawson
FAHSS Faculty Computing, University of Western Australia (CRICOS 00126G)