[tech] Apollo running OS X 10.5

James French frenchie at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Nov 8 15:56:21 WST 2007

Thanks to MSH UCC has a leopard license so I installed it on apollo.

Apollo had some interesting quirks under 10.4 so the 10.5 install was
a clean wipe and reinstall. I backed up the various games and apps on
it, and they can be found in a disk image under /scratch/frenchie on
martello. Quite a few of the reported problems (apps not starting etc)
seem to have been fixed with the upgrade. Suspect we should also prod
it in some way to lock it down and stop it sleeping as to stop it
having any upsets with nfs.

I ran out of time before being able to make it mount homedirs and talk
ldap. Homedirs seem reasonably easy and nice to setup with the new
Directory Utility revamp though what I did in that regard is
completely untested. Ldap didn't want to play nice at all, it's
probably something simple I forgot to do so someone else is welcome to
have a look though I'll give it another look after I fail^Wattempt my
exam tomorrow.

Frenchie

--
James French