[tech] Martello downtime today

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 1 19:54:33 WST 2008

As those of you monitoring our status feed will have noticed
(https://twitter.com/ucc_status, now available in RSS) Martello was
offline for some time this afternoon.

Gibson, the newer of the aircons, failed this afternoon, which led to
Martello overheating and rebooting. Unfortunately, shortly after boot,
two disks were kicked out of the array, due to "controller unhappiness".

Thanks to [LAW] and [TRS] for investigating and bringing things back
online.

Cooling is a perennial issue for the UCC machine room; it might be time to
make some changes. At the very least we are going to need a replacement
for Gibson as it now trips the breaker when plugged in.

David Adam
UCC Wheel Member
zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au