[tech] Breaking out some of Mussel's services.

James French frenchie at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jun 15 11:26:31 WST 2008

Do we want to move some of the core services mussel has running onto
another machine/VM. I'm all for keeping Mussel a general user machine
running general user services but when random service B takes the
machine down it's annoying.

Specifically, I'm thinking LDAP, IMAP/POP and Web could stand to be
put on a different machine. LDAP is the biggest problem as when it
goes away it makes getting in remotely a royal pita.

Lastly, before I get accused of the opposite I do like the fact that
we don't just run web, mail and DNS. Mussel is a great place to run
the non-core stuff like games servers.

What do other people think?

Frenchie

--