[tech] Olive (Cisco 2900) decomissioned

Adrian Chadd adrian at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Sep 22 08:53:26 WST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008, Duncan Sargeant wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Grahame Bowland <grahame at angrygoats.net> wrote:
> > How Accelar-ish are they? Will we rue the day? :-)
>
> Not in the slightest ... It doesn't crash if you glance at it :-)
>
> They do have a text config but I would recommend using the GUI.
>
> OSPF, VRRP, MLT (multi-link trunking, equiv to and *cough* compatible
> with EtherChannel), 802.1q.  Spanning tree is just 802.1d.  It does
> spanning-tree groups but they are a but naff to configure.

Gods, are these configured the same way that the 7000 series Passport
switches (which I got to know right and proper with ATM/CE1 configs)
is?

ie, "create object for interfaces a,b,c,d; create protocol instances
e,f,g,h; create ATM PVCs on ATM VC on channel J, called i,j,k,l, now;
glue e->e->i, b->f->j, g->c->k, d->h->l, test, save" ?

Gods, it was like a game of BlueJ..

Adrian