[tech] VOIP - Mitch Project

mitch at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au mitch at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 12 17:40:50 WST 2009

Hi.

Another project..

There is now a Voip Phone in UCC near the MR, This connects to Rome.
Its Phone number is 08 6365 4806 (Testing Number from one of my spares)

If anyone has ideas of Servers we could link it into (Freecall, Skype
etc) then let me know.

It can make outbound calls, But requires authentication by passkey. I
intend on possibly linking this into dispense??? If anyone know this
could be done please let me know.

It has on the main screen:
     Welcome to UCC
University Computer Club
      www.ucc.asn.au

It runs off Asterisk 1.6.1 (rome).. Its next to the fingerprint
reader, It could technically be possible to read a fingerprint and
allow it to call... Hackery required...

Mitch