[tech] mussel upgrades and koha

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Feb 21 00:10:47 WST 2009

Hi all,

As you may have noticed due to the various things that broke today, mussel
got upgraded to lenny. [MSH] accidentally upgraded a few packages to lenny
yesterday, but what precipitated the upgrade was [PXY] looking into Koha's
malfunctioning and finding the errors were "fetchrow failed: fetch()
without execute()", and hypothesised that it was from an old version of
Koha talking to a new version of MySQL. So I embarked upon a full upgrade
of mussel so I could install the latest Koha.

Along the way I broke the website several times (now fully fixed, thanks
to libapache2-mod-ldap-userdir and http://bugs.debian.org/515952), the
adduser script wasn't functional for about an hour, smbk5pwd no longer
works (although I have recompiled packages waiting) so smb.conf on musundo
has ldap passwd sync = yes instead of only, and the horde configuration
needs regeneration, but when I tried to do so it just zeroed conf.php
instead. Also I pkg-get -i zsh as winadduser called /opt/csw/bin/zsh
instead of /bin/zsh for some reason.

If you notice anything still broken, please email tech, talk to someone on
#ucc, or file a ticket at https://secure.ucc.asn.au/glpi/

Once all that was done, I installed Koha 3 which took an inordinately long
time to copy a hojillion identical files into each locale directory,
twice, and then failed to work and ate the website (again). I read the
docs some more and tried running the upgrade script, but it failed with
exactly the same sort of errors the day started with. At this point I have
stopped caring about Koha and someone else can try dealing with it. The
only recommendation I can give would be to dump the db, restore from the
backup and try upgrading immmediately.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |