[tech] More PC's/Thin Terms

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jul 27 02:20:52 WST 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, James French wrote:

> I've built one of the Xeons as a Debian box Meersau and will be
> leaving it to TRS to tinker with it tonight. As it had the disk
> available, it's running an mdadm raid 1 root and currently has a
> single hot spare disk. If people want to remove that third disk and
> use it for another purpose feel free, it was mainly added due to it
> already being in the machine.
>
> The box mounts /away and is configured for user logins.

I've installed GNOME, KDE, XFCE4 and LXDE on meersau and set it up as the
LTSP server, and removed GNOME, KDE, LTSP and associated packages from
martello. I was fairly liberal in removing stuff, so it's possible I've
broken something.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |