[tech] Candidates for Phonehome

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri May 1 11:56:24 WST 2009

Hi all,

You may be aware of http://phonehome.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au (IP-restricted, try
from inside the UCC) - a [GMB]@UCS-derived service which is primarily used
to show us which packages on the Debian machines are out of date.

It hasn't been working for a while on most of our monitored machines
thanks to a change in the SOAP library in Lenny, but that's an
eight-character fix. However, before I go and deploy the new client
version, I thought I'd try and update the list of machines that it's
appropriate to run phonehome on.

Current list is:
mooneye       martello      mermaid       mussel
madako        deepthought (*)             pitch (*)
flying        velvet (*)    cobbler (*)   cybium (*)

Starred are candidates for removal; I think we should be adding robotnik,
heathred, and the clubroom Linux machines (spaghetti, colmata?, chaetodon,
and catfish).

Anything I'm missing?

David Adam
zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au