[tech] Ubuntu port

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat May 9 22:13:14 WST 2009

I've added Debian installers for lenny, in (i386,amd64) by
(normal,gtk,expert,rescue) modes, and added some preseeding options:
netcfg/choose_interface=auto
console-keymaps-at/keymap=us
debian-installer/locale=en_au
url=http://ucc.asn.au/d-i.cfg

http://ucc.asn.au/d-i.cfg contains the further options:
d-i mirror/country string manual
d-i mirror/http/hostname string mirrors.uwa.edu.au
d-i mirror/http/directory string /debian
d-i mirror/http/proxy string
d-i time/zone string Australia/Perth

The expert mode has no preseeding, and rescue doesn't set url, and so
doesn't use the d-i.cfg preseed file.

Someone (presumably Patrick) added Jaunty, and I added Parted Magic and
cleaned up the boot screens so they fit in 80x25.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |